Delamination: Carpet delamination is when the carpet’s backing comes loose due to damage of the backing of the carpet. The most common sign of carpet delamination is appearance of wrinkles or bubbles on your carpet.
There are several factors which can cause delamination:
- High traffic areas.
- Rolling wheels on an office chair.
- Wheel Chairs.
- Not vacuuming enough will leave loose soil in the carpet which acts like sandpaper rubbing against the carpet backing whenever its walked over.
- Pet urine not treated right away.
- Cheap padding, or too thin of padding for the carpet. Once the padding breaks down and you keep walking on that same traffic area then the carpet will start to delaminate because its lost its padding protection.
- And of course cheap quality of carpet will delaminate faster than high quality carpet.
- Soda spills or acid based food spills not properly treated.
- If you have a ripple in the carpet and don’t have it stretched properly this can lead to delamination. Once carpet becomes delaminated it can not be stretched, so you want to have a ripple repaired before its too late.
Carpet Wrinkles: After a while, all carpeting tends to show signs of wear. Wrinkles in carpeting are very common. Reasons for wrinkles in your carpet can be that it was not properly installed, too much excess carpet was originally laid down, the carpet has been stretched from foot traffic, humidity and climate change or that heavy furniture has been pushed around on it. Like we stated earlier, you should have wrinkles professionally stretched before delamination occurs.
Carpet Patching: If you have a colored stain that will not come out with steam cleaning, or an area that a dog has damaged, 3d can patch the carpet for you. We take and extra piece of carpet if you have access to it, or we can take a patch out of a closet or other inconspicuous place and replace the damaged area.
3d Home Services offers Carpet Repairs, such as carpet stretching and patching at an affordable price in Phoenix, Surprise, Sun City and other west valley areas. Feel free to call and schedule a free in home estimate.
And remember proper care of your carpets will extend its life. Vacuum often and have your carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year, or before you start to see a lot of soil on the traffic areas.